A fellow blogger, author of The Berry Patch told me about a weekly meme called Random Dozen. I thought it looked like fun so I’m jumping on board this week.
1. Ever had any run-ins with the “library police?”
Only that not-very-nice librarian at Carroll County Public Library in Huntingdon, TN, who made Nick cry when he was just three years old and didn’t even care.
2. Do you have a special organizational plan and place for wrapping paper, gift bags, etc., or do you just purchase whatever you need as you give gifts?
I keep gift bags between Robert’s dresser and the wall. I try to put leftover wrapping paper in my closet or in the attic, but the rolls almost always get torn up before another holiday arrives.
3. Have you ever been in (first-hand witness) a natural disaster?
Only if blizzards count.
4. What’s your favorite Barry Manilow song?
I honestly don’t know of a single song that Barry Manilow sings, but I do know what he looks like.
5. What’s the best costume you’ve ever worn?
As a kid, my mom sewed my Halloween costume each year and I remember enjoying all of them. Stand-outs in my memory are – baseball player, gypsy, maid, and mime.
6. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?
I’m a writer – I need my thesaurus.
7. What’s your favorite breakfast food?
Pancakes, waffles, biscuits…yum! I love, love, love breakfast!
8. Have you ever purchased anything from an infomercial?
I have exercised wise discretion and avoided spending my own money on infomercial products. However, as a child/teen, I was quite adept at convincing my mom to order infomercial items for me. Let’s see what I can remember… the Caruso molecular hair setter, the topsy turvy ponytail thing, the Awesome 80s cassettes, the Alabama cassettes (even though my only experience with Alabama was hearing the song clips played on the infomercial)…
9. Have you ever crawled through a window?
Yes, several times. I crawled through my bedroom window for fun as a kid. When I was around 14 or 15, I came home without a key when no one else was home. I single-handedly pushed my bedroom window up, lowered the air conditioner to the ground, and let myself in.
In high school, my friend, Aaron, and I would sometimes run to his car and jump through the windows to pretend we were like Bo and Luke Duke. Of course, I wanted to date Bo, not be him.
When I was 19 and newly married, I went outside to hang up clothes and the door slammed shut behind me – locked. The window was too high for me to get the air conditioner out by myself this time, so I walked down the road and asked some man (who was driving a tractor) for help. He took the air conditioner out, and I climbed in.
A few years later, when I was about 24 and Nick was 3, we somehow locked ourselves out of the house again. The only window I could open was too high for me to climb through, but I managed to boost Nick through and then talk him through how to unlock the door. I guess my climbing through window days are over now.
10. Do you believe in love at first sight?
I believe infatuation at first site is definitely possible, but love takes work and can never happen in an instant.
11. How many pairs of jeans do you own?
12. If someone were going to bake a cake to honor/represent you, what would it be? (Think creatively, like Duff and Crew on “Ace of Cakes.”)
I don’t know who Duff and Crew are, so I’ll just say my favorite – a warm, yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
© 2010, Cindy. All rights reserved.