My sweet friend Rachel runs a weekly meme called Friday Favorite Things. I’m not nearly so good at taking pictures as she is, but I thought I’d jump in this week. Here are my favorite things from the past week . . .
- sitting on the front deck with my family on cool evenings . . .
- . . . with the Off Mosquito Coil burning (smells nice and really works)
- . . . looking up at the stars and listening to the boys discover their own constellations
- a glass of tea cooled with Eastern Ice and sweetened with Sweet N Low – It has to be all three, or it’s just not as tasty.
- the smell of fresh spearmint
- a visit from my parents along with plenty of joking, teasing, and witty comments
- having the windows open to let in fresh air and breezes
- watching Robert push his bubble mower behind Jon as he mows the yard
- the smell of fir when Jon trimmed our bushes – It drifted through the open windows and made my living room smell so nice.
- the essential oils my sister sent us – mmm! We have been like drug addicts sitting around breathing deep, deep because the blend of oils smells so incredibly good.
- spice cake for my birthday
- discovering natural, healthful remedies for what ails us . . . such as peppermint, chamomile, oregano, blackstrap molasses, and lavender
I hope your week has been filled with plenty of favorites and good times too!
© 2012, Cindy. All rights reserved.